USG Report: Phase one of Lawrence and Eris Field Building construction completed

Courtesy of Baruch College

A virtual ribbon-cutting ceremony was held to commemorate the completion of the first phase of the Lawrence and Eris Field Building renovation on Jan. 28.

Along with the New Student Center, the renovated building is one of the features that the future Bearcats can enjoy when in-person classes resume.

The renovated Lawrence and Eris Field Building, which is also referred to as 17 Lex, provides students with a new makeover of the lobby and elevator bank.

A new accessible ramp, elevators with marble walling and granite benches along the glass back wall and a new student lounge are some of the initial changes everyone will notice as they walk into the building.

The Eris and Lawrence Field Building was known for its massive number of classrooms across many floors, the performing arts venue known as the Mason Hall, research labs and departmental and administrative offices.

Now when students visit the Lawrence and Eris Field Building, they will be greeted with a fresh feeling of newly created classrooms.

For anyone who has taken classes in 17 Lex, the building might be considered an artifact from decades ago. As the renovation from phase one completes, the building has geared toward a modern taste, similar to the Newman Vertical Campus.

When students enter the building, they will notice an enormous open space, thanks mostly to the new double-height ceiling.

The classrooms have repainted walls and new furniture similar to the desks in the Newman Vertical Campus. Many changes have been implemented for students to explore.

A project like this cannot be made possible without all the contributors in this process.

The state, city, college and students are all of those that helped make this building’s renovation possible. The support will positively impact the Baruch community moving forward as the building continues to undergo renovations.