The USG Report: USG welcomes change and new table members as new semester begins

Julian Tineo | The Ticker

Welcome back students! Hopefully everyone has settled into their classes, bought their textbooks and is finishing their first few assignments.

Although there have been a lot of resignations from the table, everyone can rest assured that the quality of our work is not affected.

The Undergraduate Student Government will continue to plan and create new initiatives for the student body.

Change is a major part of life! USG welcomes everyone and anyone to the team!

There are two new openings in USG for students interested in joining. Students can now apply to be a representative senator or the vice president of Campus Affairs. The representative senator role is extremely flexible — it is up to the person applying to make anything of it.

If anyone is interested in teaching others about USG, for instance, that person could make that their main goal for the rest of this semester as a representative senator.

On the other hand, the vice president of Campus Affairs advocates for change.

For instance, a few years ago, the vice president of Campus Affairs worked on obtaining water bottle refill stations for the entire school. This role is also what the student makes of it.

Our application links will be live on our social media soon. If students have any questions, they should feel free to reach out!

In order to learn to network better, USG is co-hosting an event with the Starr Career Development Center to help students learn how to network with others without sounding like they’re reading off a script.

For those who want to go to Albany and lobby for change for all students and faculty, they can represent the 500,000 students in the CUNY system with two lobbying dates nearing. This is an all-expenses paid trip, and transportation and food will be provided.

On Feb. 12, there are no classes scheduled because it is Higher Education Action Day. On this day, students can fight for increasing the quality of our education without increasing tuition so that CUNY can remain one of the most affordable universities. If you’re interested in learning more or participating, sign up here.

That is it for this week’s USG Report. Dress warm!

Radhika Kalani is the president of USG. She can be reached at radhika.kalani@usgbaruch.com. Her office is located at 3-272 in the Newman Vertical Campus.