USG Report: what Baruch students can Expect from USG for fall 2020

Courtesy of USG

What is USG?

USG is a student-run organization whose members are elected by the undergraduate students of Baruch College in order to represent the students in their best interests. We are in charge of planning various events on campus to promote diverse topics, manage majority clubs and organizations at Baruch. If any of you are interested in joining the USG, send me an email at Tony.Chen@usgbaruch.com, and I can help you discover what might be the best role for you.

We host many of the traditional events at Baruch like Welcome Week where we welcome incoming and returning students, Bearcats on Ice where we traditionally rent out the Rockefeller Skating Rink for Baruch students only and Homecoming. Stay tuned for more details by following our social media @UsgBaruch, signing up for our newsletter or simply asking a USG representative for information on upcoming events. You are always welcome if you want to learn more about us and what we are planning.

We are here to listen and help implement all your interests. We are here as ambassadors and to serve as the bridge between you and everything on and off campus. We are also a resource that you can rely on, so never feel that there is a barrier between us. We are all students even when the student government is a label that’s on us. I am one of you — a student that also faces almost every challenge a typical college student faces on a daily basis.

What should you expect from us?

We are in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic so I hope all of you are safe and everything is going well. We are currently in communication with theBaruch staff to figure out a blueprint for the fall semester. I like to stay positive and expect that we will present you with all the best in-person experiences that we can offer, however, there will be limitations. We do not know to what extent the limitations will be, but we are in the process of crafting many alternatives that can help you enjoy your semester.

Feel free to reach out to me if there is anything that you want to ask me or if you simply just want to say hi. Be safe! And we hope to see all of you in the fall semester as we begin our presidential term on July 1.