Trump brags about his success at SOTU address, despite disapproval

exc-5e4dc8d520a728586dd2dad0
exc-5e4dc8d520a728586dd2dad0

Chants of “four more years” filled the chamber after President Donald Trump made his way to the podium to delivery his State of the Union address on Feb. 4. Just one day after, Trump was released from the chains of his impeachment trial.

As expected by most, Trump was acquitted on two articles of impeachment, concluding his historic impeachment trials. “The chamber voted 52-48 in favor of the president on an abuse of power charge and 53-47 on an obstruction of Congress charge,” as reported by the United Press International. The president’s speech the day before mainly addressed increased economic gains in America. He continued to show the world how undisciplined and untouchable he truly is, as most of the room continued in applause from every corner at almost every other sentence he spoke. 

Sen. Bernie Sanders boldly stated during his speech in Manchester, New Hampshire how the economy is “booming” for “Trump and his billionaire friends,” but not for “anybody else,” Vox Media reported. The Vermont senator went on to specify how Trump played into the emotions of hardworking American people while running for president in claims that the wealthy would not benefit from a particular tax plan. “He lied,” Sanders told the New Hampshire crowd. 

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer made her stance transparent and defied the president for his bias tax cuts in favor of wealthy people. “We cannot forget that despite the dishonesty and division of the last few years, and that we heard tonight from the president of the United States, together we have boundless potential,” Whitmer said to the voters in New Hampshire.

The most epic moment came from Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, who wasted no time ripping Trump’s speech immediately after his final sentence. 

Although her efforts were to remain poised, Pelosi’s body language showed her annoyance with the president. She reserved her applauses for important moments, such as Trump’s support of Opposition Venezuela’s  leader Juan Guaidó. His presence was met with applauses from the entire room. Trump extended his support to Guaidó by calling him the “one true president” of Venezuela for working towards freedom in his country, NBC News reported. Another notable moment was when Trump announced Charles McGee, one of the last surviving Tuskegee Airmen, who is 100 years old. 

The delay of the Iowa caucus results, which were supposed to be released the day before Trump’s speech, created widespread confusion among the presidential campaigns. 

This delay also influenced the State of the Union address in a way that perceived Trump and Republicans as the better party.

Trump held up The Washington Post newspaper as he posed for pictures with the front-page headline that read “Trump acquitted.” The president resumed his victorious day hours later in the East Room of the White House in the midst of yet another crowd of reporters. 

The media captured Trump once again spewing out another pointless speech that he could have kept for himself.