IVCF gives students safe place to explore religion

InterVarsity Christian Fellowship is a Campus Ministry Club with a mission to see life transformed, the campus was renewed and world changers developed. 

InterVarsity has over 1,000 chapters at 650 college campuses across the United States.

Many of the club members said they came to deepen their own faith by joining, like senior marketing major Ruth Jean Lubin. 

“I found a list of clubs at Baruch online and saw InterVarsity was exploring my own faith more and wanted to come give it a try,” she said. Other club members echoed this sentiment.

“I think having that fellowship with other Christians when you’re outside in the real world you’re not in church is a good way to strengthen your faith, because you have people to keep you grounded and at your word and you’re not as easily tempted by if you didn’t have that foundation,” said freshman Kaitelyn Boodoo.

One of InterVarsity’s main events is “Feed 5K.”

“This past November we were able to have the CUNY Chancellor and Baruch President join us, it’s our largest philanthropic event, where we give food and care packages such as beanies, toothbrushes things of that sort, to the homeless of New York City, while also providing Baruch students with Thanksgiving Dinner,” said IVCF President Abishek Johnson. 

“We also have Baruch Live which are week long events right before spring break like a basketball tournament, paint night, different type of events. Then every Thursday we have a large group meeting,” he said. Seeing all the members together, is more of a family all deepening their faith together. 

“A family of believers engaging with others regarding their relationship with Christ. I joined because I made the decision to fully believe in God and wanted to find a community that shared similar beliefs and then it turned out that we bonded over more than just faith,” said VCF Treasurer Ardouin Ledain. 

“Some of these people I could consider more than my close friends like I expect 30 years down the line to still be friends with them,” said Ledain, who is a junior and finance major.

Club members said it is a welcoming environment for all members.

“Coming to Baruch the commute was hard, it was hard to make friends and it was hard to
find a community here,” said Johnson. 

“But joining InterVarsity, helped me to find a community were people just wanted to spread love and positivity it was a club.”