Stefon Diggs traded to the Texans

The Buffalo Bills have traded one-time All-Pro and four-time Pro-Bowl wide receiver Stefon Diggs to the Houston Texans. ESPN Senior NFL Insider Adam Schefter announced the news on X, formerly known as Twitter, on April 3.

The Texans weren’t finished after they traded for star running back Joe Mixon. It went out and traded for Diggs to help build up its offense and make it stronger.

Schefter also announced the details of the trade minutes later.

The Bills traded Diggs, a 2024 sixth-round pick and a 2025 fifth-round pick, to the Texans for a 2025 second-round pick it acquired from the Minnesota Vikings.

Schefter announced that there was an incentive added for Diggs on April 4. The incentive was that the final three years of his deal were wiped, allowing him to become a free agent after this upcoming season.

As for his contract for this year, the Texans will have to pay Diggs $3.5 million guaranteed that was supposed to be given the following year, increasing his guaranteed salary to $22.52 million this upcoming season.

The Texans are hoping to see the best version of Diggs with this pay raise, and it has hopes of re-signing him to an extension and keeping him in Houston.

Over Digg’s career, he spent five years with the Minnesota Vikings and four years with the Buffalo Bills via trade before being traded again to the Houston Texans.

During his time with the Bills, he had 445 receptions, 5,372 receiving yards and 37 touchdowns over the 66 games that he had played there.

In 2020, he was named first-team All-Pro, leading the National Football League in receptions (127) and yards (1,535). He was also announced as a Pro-Bowler every year since 2020.

The Bills trading away Diggs is a huge loss, especially to their offense. He was their wide receiver. They lost their wide-receiver two, Gabe Davis, who went into free agency and signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars on a three-year deal worth $39 million.

A big part of its franchise quarterbacks, Josh Allen’s success came from the Bills trading for Diggs back in 2020 from the Vikings. This is a big prove-it year for Allen to see if he can continue being successful with their top two wide receivers.

Its current wide receivers are Khalil Shakir, Mack Hollins and Curtis Samuel. It also has tight end Dalton Kincaid, who came off a good rookie season along with them still having a running back and James Cook, who had a very productive year as well.

The Bills are still expected to make the playoffs, but the journey ahead will not be as easy as it has been so far. The New York Jets and the Miami Dolphins both have improved significantly over the last few years and they’re coming for first place in the American Football Conference in the east.

As for the Texans, this trade benefits them because it adds a superstar wide receiver and veteran leadership to a younger offense. In hopes it can help franchise quarterback, CJ Stroud should take that year two jump to improve.

The Texans are in favor of winning the American Football Conference in the south and some people have it being a top-five team in the whole conference, as well as a top seven through 10 team in the NFL.