USG welcomes all new members and students

Joel C. Bautista | The Ticker
Joel C. Bautista | The Ticker

Hello everyone! My name is Dakshatha Daggala and I am the President of the Undergraduate Student Government for the 2019-2020 school year.

To all the new students, welcome to Baruch College. 

We are here to guide and help you through this new journey. We encourage students to have an active presence on the campus.

It is so often that Baruch students get lost in the cycle of class, work and home. 

Baruch has a very intricate student life and many don’t take advantage of the resources that this school provides or they just don’t know about them. 

Students should join clubs, go to sports games and participate in leadership opportunities that are being offered at Baruch. 

It is important for students to make this experience their own.

To our returning student body, welcome back to another year of hustling in order to achieve that degree. 

We hope that your summer break was enjoyable and we are going to work with you to make sure that your experience this year at Baruch is still wonderful. 

We would like your feedback in any way possible, whether it’s in a senate meeting hosted on Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. in room 3-270, through email, social media or in person. 

Let us serve you in the most effective way.

USG is incredibly excited to get the year started! 

We have spent the summer curating a wonderful survival guide courtesy of our Chair of Graphics Annmarie Gajdos and our Secretary Nicole Pung. 

We have also had the wonderful opportunity to plan and host convocation events this year. 

We hope that our first-year students felt the connection to the Bearcat spirit by the end of the day. 

Our senate table is ready to hit the ground running. 

Our Vice President of Legislative Affairs Kim Kazdal will be advocating for voter registration and Census 2020 awareness.  

Keep an eye out for a few upcoming events that we have this semester, such as “Homecoming,” “Hallo-week” and “Lip Sync Battle.”

We are grateful for the opportunity to represent Baruch. 

It is an absolute honor. We hope to live up to your expectations and beyond. 

USG in the past has made incredible strides. 

We look to them for guidance, but we are shooting for the stars. We hope to see you around in our suite and our events!

Dakshatha Daggala is the president of USG. She can be reached at dakshatha.daggala@usgbaruch.com. Her office is located at 3-272 in the Newman Vertical Campus.