USG Report: Sign up to perform at Baruch’s virtual homecoming

Courtesy of USG

Despite a virtual fall semester, the Undergraduate Student Government has still been cultivating a community and space for Bearcats to escape the realities of busy class schedules and other responsibilities that come with being a college student.

We have realized that it is important for us to give incoming first-year students “the Baruch experience” that they will hopefully be able to have in-person when we return to campus. With that in mind, the Undergraduate Student Government is still trying to emulate traditional Baruch events that happen on campus but in a virtual setting. One of the large-scale events that has been virtually adapted is Baruch Homecoming — and we are calling all Bearcats to attend!

Homecoming is supposed to start each year with sports teams playing their home games and everyone essentially “coming home” to their home away from home. For some students, this is usually one of the first large-scale events that they attend at college. Since Baruch doesn’t have sports teams that traditionally do this, we have gotten creative in the past few years to raise Bearcat Pride and welcome everyone home. Last year, homecoming was a week-long celebration that raised the Baruch morale during the fall semester.

This year will be no different. Steven Le, our vice president of campus affairs, along with members of the committee have been working for months to put together a virtual homecoming that emulates Bearcat pride. Homecoming will take place from Oct. 26-30 and is the first of many fun activities we have in store this semester.

Other virtual events we will have include Game Night, Virtual Escape Room, Pajama Day and a Talent Show.

We are currently looking for Bearcats to sign up for our homecoming finale which will be the talent show on Oct. 30 from 6-9 PM. If you’re interested in performing at homecoming please fill out this form or message Steven Le for more information.

Although we can’t welcome our Bearcats home to Baruch in-person, we’re still welcoming you all into our virtual community. Follow us on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts, @USGBaruch, for updates regarding homecoming.