USG Report

Courtesy of Adriana Cuca

Hi Bearcats! I hope the spring semester is going well for everyone! The new semester means the Undergraduate Student Government is back to work planning exciting events, implementing new initiatives and setting plans to strengthen club life.

We have just wrapped up our Welcome Week events, including “Breakfast at Bernie’s,” “Academic Affairs Jeopardy,” “Desserts After Dark,” “Baruch Wonderland” and “Bearcats on Ice.”

We were delighted to see how many students joined us and can’t wait to see new faces at our next events!

We have many upcoming events to look forward to, including the annual Student vs. Faculty Basketball Game on Thursday, April 4 at 6 p.m.

This event will be organized by our Vice President of Academic Affairs Adelaide Ilyasov in collaboration with the Student Athlete Advisory Committee. Be sure to stay updated through our social media to learn more.

Last year, members of USG and the student body stressed the importance of keeping CUNY tuition affordable for students. They supported Free CUNY initiatives addressed by other colleges and organizations during the Albany Caucus Weekend.

This year we intend to keep the same momentum. Our representatives will travel to Albany this month to speak with elected officials and advocate for Baruch College and CUNY’s needs.

In our recent Senate meeting, our Chair of Finance, Bricen Fisher, presented data on club budget utilization during the fall 2023 semester. The Finance Committee projected increased spending by clubs for the spring semester, allowing clubs to plan more events and projects.