Rising DJ OddKidOut a refreshing choice for EDM fans

Jah

The 2023 Electric Zoo music festival was met with extreme criticism and legal battles after combatting festival production faults and angry fans. Despite the setbacks, few several artists overcame  these obstacles, including future bass DJ OddKidOut.

The Philadelphia-based DJ, also known as Butch Serianni, entered the festival fresh off the release of his four track EP “Weightless”, a piece of work that brims with his signature artistry.

Sometime after his EZOO performance, Serianni radiated with nothing but positivity when he spoke to the Ticker about his EZOO performance.

“I’m grateful right now,” the EDM artist said. “Any chance I get to play live music for people and like you know, connect with people is like the best feeling in the world.”

OddKidOut is a rare talent who takes his craft seriously. He told The Ticker that he takes each stage performance seriously as he is met with a variety of challenges.

“Mentally, I’m very hard on myself,” Serianni said in an interview with The Ticker. “I take inventory of every moment of every set that I play and trying to make sure that I do it better the next time, if I don’t feel like I nailed it, and every show comes with different sets of challenges, technical difficulties. Sometimes it’s bright, and you can’t see your computers. So, there’s just a million things that could go wrong. So yeah, I’m always revitalizing what I’m thinking about what I’m doing so long as I’m playing.”

Serianni’s dedication to his work was on clear display during his EZOO set as he gazed at the audience multiple times to match the music to their reactions. It is a rare ability often found in veteran DJs in, and not through, the upcoming acts focused more on self-satisfaction.

OddKidOut’s electrifying performance was an awe-inspiring display of musical mastery that left the audience in a state of pure euphoria. From start to finish, he effortlessly demonstrated why he is a rising star in the EDM world, captivating thousands with his unique fusion of diverse electronic beats.

New York City EDM fans may have another better chance to catch OddKidOut at a future EZOO festival. He wasted no time answering when asked if he would jump at the opportunity to return to a future lineup. 

“Absolutely,” Serianni said. “I loved it. I had a great time. Any chance to get to be in New York is great.”

OddKidOut’s Spotify biography describes his style as an “innovative sound that embodies darkness and grit through lush instrumentation.” Despite the dark influences, OddKidOut was an uplifting artist that welcome all EDM lovers to his music no matter their background in music choices. 

The small yet diverse crowd bumped up their fists to his beat in unison, reminding onlookers of the sense of community the EDM genre creates.

OddKidOut is a refreshing choice to the EDM scene that could see more accolades in his future if he keeps up his current path.

New Yorkers will have one more chance to catch OddkidOut at Buffalo Riverworks on Oct. 21 and at the Franklin Music Hall in Philadelphia on Oct. 28 as part of his “Existential Dance” tour alongside San Holo and DROELOE.