USG Report: More social events during ‘Welcome Week’

Courtesy of Jessica Yauri

Hello Bearcat Community! I am delighted to be writing to you as your USG President for the 2023-2024 academic year.

We have so much in store for you all during our Welcome Week, which coincides with the start of the academic year.

During the first week of school, Skyla Chan, the Vice President of Student Affairs, oversaw two events. Both events were centered on fostering the community at Baruch and capturing all of its beauty. To all of you who came, thank you and I hope to see you at future events!

The information for the third and fourth upcoming events is provided below.

Connect (US)G
Time: 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Location: NVC 1-107 (Multi-Purpose Room).
Details of the event: Learn more about our amazing organization and how you can get involved to make a significant impact on campus.

Boogie Down Baruch
Time: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Details of the event: At Boogie Down Baruch, you can dance away your first weeks of school! A night filled with entertaining dance activities/games, delectable appetizers and the opportunity to win rewards!

Please keep up with all of our exciting USG events on our Instagram page.

As Welcome Week draws to a close, I want to encourage you all to continue attending our events and to consider how to become involved with USG.

Additionally, our incredible VPs and Chairs will be hosting a General Interest Meeting where you can learn more about their responsibilities and how to participate in their respective committees.

I hope you will be able to join the community we’ve cultivated at Baruch, and I hope to see you at our events, as we toast to an incredible academic year.