‘Spring Fling’ events bring fun and excitement before finals week

Joel c. Bautista | The Ticker

Office of Student Life’s Carnival Spring Fling

Baruch College students came together at the annual Spring Fling to celebrate Bernie the Bearcat’s 50th birthday with games, food, giveaways and bouncy castles on May 2.

Stations with various unique activities were spread throughout the main gym, where the event was held. 

While cotton candy and popcorn were served in one corner, ice cream and apples dipped in fondue were served in the other. Sketch artists were also present at the event and students lined up to get their pictures drawn. 

The occasion was kicked off with a cake-cutting celebration for Bernie’s birthday, cut by none-other than the mascot himself and the cake was shared with all students at the event.

Christopher Hall, a senior and finance major at the college, said that he enjoyed the event thoroughly.

“I was there with my friends and we had a really good time,” he said. “By the end, we were all dancing to the music and enjoying the event.”

Graduating senior Iqra Shah didn’t fail to take advantage of the various desserts served at the event.

“There was so much food,” Shah said. “I had cake, the cotton-candy and ice cream.”

However, the highlight of her afternoon, she mentioned, was the time she spent with her friends, both old and new.

“What I loved about the event was how many new people I met,” the corporate communications major said. 

“Everyone was very friendly, and I got a chance to speak to many people I knew from far but had been too nervous to approach. The games and the relaxed environment wbrought us together.”

Shah said she also participated in the various games that took place in the colorful bouncy castles spread throughout the gym, racing on the inflatable horses against her friends and fighting them with inflatable weapons.

The event, filled with lighthearted fun, was a much needed one for Shah and other Baruch students as they head towards final exams.