USG Report: Participate in USG’s April events

Courtesy of USG

Richard Reyes

I hope everyone did great on their midterm exams and is looking forward to spring break later this month. As a reminder, spring break will occur from Apr.15th to Apr. 22. The Undergraduate Student Government has a few events planned for April.

Going in chronological order, for the week of Apr. 4 to 8, USG Chair of Philanthropy Jason Galak is collaborating with AKPsi in a fundraising effort to raise funds for Ukraine. They will be tabling in the second floor lobby of the Newman Vertical Campus from Apr.4 to Apr.7. They will be selling a variety of snacks.

In the same week, USG Representative Sen. and Counseling Center Liaison Michele Liang will be continuing the “Let’s Talk About It Series,” focusing this time on “Caring Conversations.”

This event will be held virtually over Zoom from 12:45 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Registration is required beforehand; this can be done via USG’s Linktree found on USG’s Instagram @USGBaruch.

During the week of Apr. 11 to Apr. 15, Liang will be hosting another “Let’s Talk About it,” this time focusing on one’s relationship with their body and food. This event will be hosted once again online at the same time on April 12.

USG will be collaborating with Lexicon in hosting a professional headshot event on the Newman Vertical Campus’s eighth floor. Details are still being solidified, but any information will be posted on USG’s Instagram. This event will be great for students to get a head start before recruiting season fully kicks off this summer.

For the last week of April from Apr. 25 to Apr. 29, USG will be kicking off Climate Week.

Many of USG’s representatives have been working extensively on creating a week that will be both impactful and enjoyable for the student body. USG Vice President of Campus Affairs Erika Cumbe, on Apr. 26 will be hosting a “Sustainability Giveaway Pop-Up” on the second floor of the Newman Vertical Campus, starting at 12:30 p.m. and until supplies run out.

Finally, USG Vice President of Legislative and Academic Affairs Karina Chiqui and Osvaldo Garcia will be heading the first-ever Baruch College hosted “Climate Rally.” The rally will be conducted on the Plaza on April 28 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

This will be the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic that USG will be hosting a rally. It will be one that you don’t want to miss out on.

As always, more details about these events will be posted on our Instagram, so stay tuned. Once again, I hope you enjoy your upcoming spring break as well.