USG Report: USG activities for March

Courtesy of USG

Alison Lee

I hope everyone’s March is off to a great start. Midterm season is here, so taking care of your mental health is more important than ever. Remember to drink, eat, sleep and decompress after hours of studying.

Before I discuss a couple of incredible events by the Baruch Undergraduate Student Government, I want to give a quick shoutout to USG Vice President of Student Affairs Laiba Hussain, who successfully executed USG’s first March in-person event, “Bearcat Mingle.”

During “Bearcat Mingle,” USG gave away USG hoodies, t-shirts, beanies and tote bags to students for a little de-stress moment. If you missed it or were in class, don’t worry, USG will be having a lot more opportunities for giveaways and events throughout March.

Now, moving on to some of the larger scale in-person events USG will be hosting throughout March.

First, “March Madness” will be our first large-scale in-person event in the multipurpose room where we’ll be hosting a sports center-themed “loft party.” It will take place on March 24 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Make sure to follow @usgbaruch on Instagram for more updates.

We’ll be having games, activities, food and of course, free giveaways. Be sure to stop by to enjoy our event.

The next two events will require RSVP in advance, so click the link in our Instagram bio to sign up.

Second, “Ready for Registration” will be happening in the multipurpose room on March 29 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. We want to get you all ready for class registration, so we’ll be bringing in some advisors to help guide through the process and answer any questions you may have.

We’ll also be giving out merchandise and food. I recommend stopping by with all your questions.

Last, “Women in Politics,” will take place on March 31 during club hours. The event is dedicated to motivating young, powerful women who want to pursue a political career and become future leaders of society.

Our Legislative Committee has invited incredible political leaders and activists as panelists to share their experiences and valuable advice for students interested in becoming political leaders.

The event will also allow students to network with panelists and ask them questions. Light refreshments will be offered during the event.

We have so many fantastic events planned and we hope that all of you will enjoy them to the fullest. Our team has been working hard week after week to execute these events, so we’re super excited to see them come to life with all of you.