New York City indoor dining returns Sept 30

Pxhere
Pxhere

Indoor dining was initially paused due to COVID-19 six months ago, and Cuomo’s latest decision will allow restaurants to have indoor dining at 25 percent capacity.

For some, the reopening will most likely not be enough to save the restaurants that have suffered a major financial blow due to the limitations related to the coronavirus pandemic and the public’s fear of violating social distancing guidelines.

Many New Yorkers have voiced their opinion regarding the return to indoor dining. “Opening indoor dining is a step in the right direction for protecting more than 5,500 Brooklyn restaurants that are concerned about surviving the cold winter months. Brooklyn’s restaurant industry is essential to the borough’s economic recovery, and safely reopening indoor dining will help these small businesses pay rent, predict and plan for the future and rehire staff, said Randy Peers, CEO of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce.

Hence, indoor dining is slated to revitalize New York City restaurants on the brink of closure or bankruptcy.

“This is a hopeful 1st step to brighter days ahead for our city and industry. 25% is a low start, but restaurants at last have clarity, without which, future planning/hiring is impossible. We’ve proven we can keep one another safe and we’ll do this well,” Danny Meyer, CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group, tweeted.

Along with Gov. Cuomo’s announcement, Mayor Bill de Blasio also made outdoor dining in New York City permanent. Thus, restaurants will have the opportunity to recuperate their losses during the pandemic through ample space for customers.