Field Center for Entrepreneurship hosts event on personal branding 

Jen Auh | LinkedIn

Jen Auh says personal branding is everything.

The founder of two consulting platforms, STYiLES and Style Konsult, spoke at an online Entrepreneurial Lunch & Learn, hosted by the Lawrence N. Field Center for Entrepreneurship on March 27. 

In the presentation, titled “The Power of Personal Branding for Entrepreneurs,” Auh spoke about improving first impressions and boosting confidence to navigate today’s competitive business environment for an aspiring entrepreneur.

“Managing your personal brand involves staying true to your values and maintaining consistency across all touch points,” Auh wrote in her newsletter. “It means actively curating your online presence, engaging with your audience, and continuously refining your image to align with your evolving goals and aspirations.”

Auh highlighted three key elements of personal branding: consistency, authenticity and authority, exemplifying these traits through entrepreneurs like Virgin Atlantic CEO Shai Weiss, Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Mint Mobile investor Ryan Reynolds.

Personal branding is something that cannot be bought, she adds, and second chances are not given when making first impressions. Establishing a strong personal brand requires time, effort and communication.

“Building a personal brand requires consistent effort and authenticity,” she wrote. “It involves defining your images, crafting a compelling narrative and leveraging various platforms to showcase your expertise and personality. Every interaction contributes to shaping your personal brand such as social media, networking events or professional engagements.”

While building an image is a vital part of brand cultivation, Auh says that networking can act as a means to spread word faster about one’s endeavors. Utilizing technology is one way to achieve this. “We live in a digital society, where digital is currency.”

“If you cannot connect with people, you cannot have a business,” she said.