Anthony Edwards: the potential next face of the NBA 

Anthony Edwards sent the internet into an uproar after an epic game against the Utah Jazz. The Timberwolves star player ended the night with 32 points and elevated over Utah’s forward John Collins for a throw-in dunk, leaving many NBA fans excited for more. This poster dunk, which some fans are calling “The Dunk of the Season”, is said to be the best Dunk of Edwards’ career, in his own words.

Edwards is not new to the conversation of younger players with superb athletic ability. Over the summer, he participated in the FIBA Basketball World Cup, where he represented Team U.S.A. Edwards played his heart out each game and averaged 18.9 points at the end of the series. He was mentioned as one of the AllStar five players of the FIBA World Cup and did not disappoint this NBA season.

Veteran players like Lebron James, Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant have already had multiple moments in the spotlight. They have won MVPs, championships and have accumulated numerous accolades throughout their careers. As these players get older, there have been some rumors about their potential retirements.

NBA fans speculate that the current face of the NBA, James, will be retiring soon. In a press conference before his 20th consecutive All-Star game, James was asked about his retirement plans and how many seasons he had left in him. “I have not mapped out how many seasons I have left, I know it’s not that many,” he responded.

As the world prepares for one legend to take his final bow, many NBA fans are eagerly awaiting the birth of another.

Before there was James, there was Jordan, and after James, could it be Edwards? Time and time again, Edwards has shown us he has the swag, talent and personality to be the next face of the NBA. Edwards has already been accumulating his own list of accomplishments. He finished off his senior year of high school as a McDonalds All-American athlete. He then went on to play college basketball for the University of Georgia Bulldogs where he played for one season and was later drafted as the first-round pick in the 2020 draft to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Since then, Edwards has been a part of the 20202021 All Rookie NBA team and had his second appearance at an All-Star game this past February in Indianapolis. He is currently averaging 26.4 points per game, and he is just getting started. Whether Edwards is the next face of the NBA or just a talented player, he has already begun impacting basketball culture and makes the new generation of basketball fans eager and excited to watch his next game.