Men’s volleyball slams with back-to-back wins

The Baruch men’s volleyball team ended the month of February on a high note with two victories against York and Lehman colleges. Entering the month of March, they also kept this momentum up. continuing an impressive winning streak.

The Bearcats played a tight game and blocked all score attempts from both teams, ending the game with a three-point lead, 3-0.

On Tuesday, Feb. 27, the Bearcats faced York, standing 0-5 and 0-1 in the CUNYAC.

Led by Juancarlos Henriquez and Peter Gavroff, the Bearcats began the game with consistent momentum, pounding 35 kills compared to York’s eight.

Henriquez led with nine kills and Gavroff matched his energy with eight kills and eight aces.

Henriquez, a Bearcat junior, is keeping his season strong offensively with 70 kills thus far.

Also aiding in the Bearcat’s offense was Ryan Oommen, who dished 31 assists in Tuesday’s game. Oommen has remained consistent this season with 3896 assists, averaging 8.39 per set.

Carrying the energy from Tuesday’s game into Thursday, the Bearcats hit with a 0.500 percentage against Lehman.

Lehman’s 16 kills were unmatched by Baruch’s 43.

The Bearcats collectively rose to the challenge to wipe out Lehman, each player contributing to the overall victory.

Oommen was seen at it again with 35 assists and Hoaxin Hu, Aleksander Howard and Argjend Osmanaj played a potent offense.

Hu starred in this game with 13 kills and Howard and Osmanaj had eight.

Similar to Henriquez, these games have highlighted Hu’s strong performance on the offense.

With 54 kills thus far, Thursday’s game against Lehman was one of his strongest this season.

Continuing their 3-0 game streak, the Bearcats faced CCNY on March 5. Pounding out 31 kills and 14 service aces, Baruch recorded a sixth straight win.

Hu, Osmanaj and Jack Centeno each contributed to the game’s win with multiple kills.

Osmanaj played his highest scoring game this season with 11.5 points.

Centeno, like his teammates, has put in the work this season with 86 kills thus far.

Oommen continued strong in this game with 27 assists.

Henriquez and Hu who played a strong game, both had a season high with 3 aces each.

Baruch, currently 7-6 and 4-0 in the CUNYAC, will face John Jay on March 7 and Hunter College on March 12.

Hopefully, the Bearcats will keep their momentum and with a strong offense, continue their winning streak into their upcoming games.