Baruch’s actuarial science program is ranked No. 1 in New York

Nicole Bryk

According to the prestigious consulting firm, Admission Sight, Baruch College’s actuarial science program has been awarded the sixth position in national rankings. 

The program, offered through Baruch’s Department of Mathematics within the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences, has consistently demonstrated its excellence in preparing students for careers in the insurance industry.

Baruch College’s Bachelor of Arts program in actuarial science is renowned for its rigorous curriculum, equipping students with the essential skills to apply mathematical principles and techniques to real-world problems within the insurance sector.

The program’s unique strength lies in preparing students to pass the first five examinations administered by the Society of Actuaries, a crucial step toward becoming a certified actuary.

One distinguishing feature of Baruch’s program is its array of elective courses, allowing students to tailor their education to their specific interests and career aspirations. These electives include specialized topics such as numerical methods for differential equations in finance, computational methods in probability, actuarial mathematics, mathematics of inferential statistics, short-term insurance mathematics and data analysis and simulation for financial engineers. 

This diversity of course offerings ensures that graduates are well-equipped to handle the multifaceted challenges presented by the actuarial profession. 

A Bachelor of Arts degree in actuarial science. from Baruch College opens doors to many career paths. Graduates are well-prepared to embark on fulfilling careers as actuaries, economists, financial planners, researchers, statisticians, etc. The program’s strong emphasis on analytical and problem-solving skills ensures that Baruch alums are in high demand across the private and public sectors.

Baruch’s science program achieved national recognition in 2021, further cementing its status as a top-tier program. It earned the sixth position in the College Values Online rankings and eleventh place in the College Choice rankings. These accolades underscore the program’s dedication to excellence and its track record of producing highly successful graduates.

The program has emerged as a beacon of excellence in higher education. Its top-ranking status in New York and impressive national standing, combined with its comprehensive curriculum and strong track record of graduate success position it as a premier choice for aspiring actuaries. 

Baruch’s commitment to delivering a high-quality education in actuarial science ensures that students receive theoretical knowledge and the practical skills needed for a rewarding and prosperous career in this dynamic field. Whether you’re a prospective student exploring your options or simply interested in academic achievements, Baruch College’s actuarial science program has proven itself.