Apple to release gaming subscription in addition to new generation of iPhones

Rob Janoff | Wikimedia Commons

Apple’s most awaited event of 2019 took place on Sept. 10 at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California. Despite the falling iPhone sales, Apple played by their rules and introduced multiple services and devices this year.

At this year’s event, Apple decided to focus heavily on subscription services and the mobile gaming industry to offset declining iPhone sales over the years.

With the launch of Apple Arcade, a subscription service that allows users to play hundreds of premium games on-the-go, it expected that Apple might be heavily investing in the ever-growing gaming industry. 

Mobile gaming is set to grow a staggering 10.2% worldwide this year alone, according to TechCrunch. Apple has decided to follow this trend and capitalize on a golden opportunity.

In addition to that, Apple TV+ was launched to provide users with the cheapest television streaming service on the market. With a price of $4.99 a month, Apple’s TV+ suddenly might get ahead in the competition and maybe even steal customers from other streaming services.

In addition to the services Apple has launched, they have also unveiled two next-generation devices: The Apple Watch Series 5 and the 7th-gen iPad. 

The new Apple Watch is packed with impressive features such as an always-on display, new customizable bands and cases and multiple health monitoring sensors. The new features will probably preserve Apple Watch’s title as the most popular smartwatch around the globe.

The 7th-gen iPad has upgrades under the hood and a bigger 10.2-inch retina display compared to last generation’s 9.7 inch display. 

This year’s upgrades to the iPad have been relatively insignificant and this is probably due to the increased sales of the iPad Pro.

Last but not least, Apple has presented us with three new flagship devices: the iPhone 11, the iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 11 Pro Max. For $699, it is possible to get an iPhone which will include a dual-camera configuration and a lightning-fast A13 bionic chip with six new vibrant colors to choose from.

However, with a little extra “dough” you can go “Pro.”

Apple’s iPhone 11 Pro starts at $999, and features an improved camera system with three cameras on the rear and better battery life. 

There are three distinct cameras on the Pro; a wide lens for your general shots, a telephoto lens for portraits and an ultra-wide
lens for capturing the entire scene. With concentration on the camera this year, many users expect
superb photos and stunning videos.

The iPhone 11 Pro Max is almost identical to the regular iPhone 11 Pro, except it has a larger 6.5” OLED screen and slightly bigger battery to compensate for the bigger screen. It also starts at $1099.

Apple has once again stepped up the game with transforming and adapting its services and products to meet shifting customer needs and demands.