U.S. News & World Report ranks Baruch as No. 4 best public college in the north

Adam Fagen | Flickr

Amanda Salazar, Editor-in-Chief

The annual U.S. News & World Report ranking for colleges and universities across the country came out back in September, where Baruch College found itself high up on the “2021 Best Regional Universities — North” list.

The Report compared approximately 250 universities in the northern United States and recognized Baruch for academic excellence, student success, faculty resources and affordability.

For some rankings, Baruch actually moved up in the list since last year. Other individual rankings place the school in the top five colleges for the specific category.

Baruch was ranked No. 4 among public institutions within the region, which broke the streak of four consecutive years of placing fifth for this ranking. Among all universities and colleges, public and private, Baruch ranked 16th.

The three other top five rankings are No. 2 best top performers on social mobility, No. 3 for least student loan debt at graduation, two positions up from 2020’s ranking, and tied for No. 3 for campus ethnic diversity, another three positions up from 2020.

Additionally, Baruch was listed as No. 9 in the category of schools with the most international students.

Baruch was also recognized for aspects like economic diversity and best value.

The school was tied 17th in economic diversity, 22nd in best undergraduate teaching and 12th for the most innovative school, which was nine positions up from 2020.

Baruch also ranked 69th for best value schools and 18th among public institutions.

U.S. News & World Report also included Baruch as one of the 43 colleges and universities in the region to make the “A+ Schools for B Students,” which did not have the schools ranked or in a specific order.

“Now in their 36th year, U.S. News & World Report’s ‘2021 Best Colleges’ rankings assesses 1,452 U.S. bachelor’s degree-granting institutions on 17 measures of academic quality,” a Baruch press release stated.

This was just one of the many rankings to come out in the past few months that held both Baruch and CUNY in high regard for academics, mobility and affordability.

The Ticker has reported on some of these lists, including Washington Monthly’s and The Wall Street Journals.

According to the press release, Baruch was also recognized by Money Magazine, The Princeton Review, the Brookings Institution and CNBC.