Man City loses 2 major matches in one week

The first leg of the Champions League quarter finals took place the week of April 3. FC Bayern Munich traveled to Spain to take on Sevilla FC. Despite Pablo Sarabia scoring early on to give Sevilla the lead, a Sevilla goal just five minutes later would mean the game would go into halftime tied at 1-1.

Thiago Alcântara scored in the 68th minute to give Bayern Munich the lead. The game would end 2-1.

In Italy, Real Madrid C.F. beat Juventus F.C. 3-0 in what was a huge game for Madrid. After having a lackluster season in the league, two goals and an assist from Cristiano Ronaldo have kept Real Madrid’s Champions League hopes alive.

FC Barcelona defeated A.S. Roma and seemed to have played their way into the next round. Roma was not doing themselves any favors, as scoring two own goals meant that their side would be down 2-0 just after halftime. Goals from Gerard Piqué and Luis Suárez meant that Barcelona would put four past Roma.

A consolation goal from Roma’s Edin Džeko meant the game would end 4-1.

Manchester City F.C. went to Anfield to take on Liverpool F.C. The Manchester City players were made to feel unwelcome when arriving at the stadium, as Liverpool fans were throwing bottles and other various objects at the Manchester City team bus before the game. On the field, Liverpool dominated the match.

The home crowd was as loud as ever, as three goals were scored early on for Liverpool. Goals from Mohamed Salah, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Sadio Mané meant that Liverpool would pull off the upset and defeated Manchester City 3-0.

The Madrid derby took place in La Liga between Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid. Another goal from Ronaldo meant that Real Madrid would take the lead at 1-0.

Unfortunately for them, that lead was short-lived. Within five minutes of that goal, Antoine Griezmann scored the equalizer and the game ended in a 1-1 draw.

It was a busy week in the Premier League. Three derbies took place the weekend of April 7, the first of being the Merseyside derby between Everton F.C. and Liverpool F.C.

It was an eventful match despite ending up in a draw. Both sides had their fair share of chances, with Everton coming particularly close to scoring the winner and walking away with the 3 points. As a result, Liverpool is still tied for third place in the league.

One of the biggest Manchester derbies ever took place on the same day, and it definitely lived up to the hype.

Manchester City F.C. had the chance to hold the Barclays Premier League trophy by beating their crosstown rivals Manchester United F.C. at the Etihad Stadium.

Two goals early on from Vincent Kompany and Ilkay Gündogan meant that Man City would enter halftime with a 2-0 lead and one hand on the Premier League title.

However, in the second half, two goals from Paul Pogba meant that Manchester United would tie the game at 2-2.

A 69th-minute goal from Manchester United defender Chris Smalling meant that the team would pull off the comeback and stop their rivals from winning the Premier League.