USG Report: USG shares resources for international students on social media

Courtesy of Laiba Hussain

Laiba Hussain

Hey Bearcats, we are back at it again with another report for you all!

Midterm season is finally fading to the periphery and Thanksgiving break is just on the horizon. As per usual, the Undergraduate Student Government has a lot in store for the coming holiday season.

Firstly, USG recently launched several resources for immigrant and first-generation students on our social media.

The resources included legal advice, fellowships and other opportunities that international students can take advantage of.

Two major events will be held on Nov. 17 during club hours.

The first event is the Academic Affairs General Interest Meeting. Anyone interested in getting more involved with faculty-administered initiatives or improving campus coursework is welcome to attend.

Vice President of Academic Affairs Jason Galak will be co-leading this event alongside his vice-chairs in the USG conference room.

There will be refreshments and games. A few participants may be able to win a prize.

The goal of this event is to increase participation and pique students’ interest in Academic Affairs.

Our next event will be hosted by Chair of Arts Andrea Zhao and Chair of Graphics Anya Ballantyne in room 3-210 of the Newman Vertical Campus.

The Art Gallery will feature various pieces, such as written work, photography, traditional art and more. There will also be a giveaway at the end of the event for those entering their work in the gallery.

The New York Blood Center is coming to Baruch to host a blood drive in the multipurpose room. USG has been asked to help market the event to maximize the amount of donations made.

There will be snacks and refreshments provided to those donating. This event is being hosted by the Office of Health & Wellness in collaboration with Peers Advocating Wellness Services.

In the past week, USG has also filled every board position, completing the team for the 2022-2023 year.

The E-Board nominated two USS alternates, Marina Nasef and Kayla Aaron, and the table moved forward to vote both representatives in.

As USS alternates, Nasef and Aaron will be filling in for unavailable delegates. USG is thrilled to welcome them to the team!

See you soon, Bearcats!