150 students attend Baruch Business Brigades and 50FiveCapital investment panel

50Five+Capital

50Five Capital

Jason Chen

Baruch Business Brigades and 50FiveCapital co-hosted an investment panel on Oct. 20 to provide students an opportunity to learn more about the industry.

The event attracted over 150 attendees. Speakers took time out of their professional lives to give advice about the financial services industry.

Both clubs collaborated to provide a panel of speakers that covered experiences in investment banking, private equity and venture capital. The event was held in-person at the Newman Vertical Campus in Room 11-155.

President Anthony Butta of 50Five Capital and President Elizabeth Ho organized the event alongside their respective e-boards.

The event started planning at the convocation for freshmen where the two clubs met and we discussed co-hosting an investment event and overtime we discussed logistics, agendas and sending emails,” Ho said. “The STARR career development center and many professors promoted the event by giving out flyers.”

Vice President Marco Coluccio, Treasurer Belinda Law and Secretary Steven Morrone of 50Five Capital worked alongside Vice President Eliana Li and Marketing Chair May Seow of Baruch Business Brigades to bring two speakers each within their respective clubs.

Ho is an incoming CIB Risk Management Intern at J.P. Morgan Chase. Butta is an incoming full-time investment banking analyst at J.P. Morgan Chase.

Ken Abbott, a law professor at Baruch, moderated the event. Abbott is the former chief risk officer at Barclay.

The panel consisted of professionals ranging from analysts to director level.

The main speakers were Tiffani Lau, the director of technology investment banking at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc.; Anthony Bueno, the venture and growth equity technology investor at Wells Fargo & Co.; Jacob Khholodenko, the investment banking analyst at Greensledge and Peyton Hall, the private equity principal at Centerbridge Partners.

The event organizers said the panel was designed to have speakers that are in diverse fields of the industry but also worked well together.

Attendees got an introduction to the financial services industry, the current environment in the industry and foundations to career development.

The event’s first half was spent talking about the industry and the other half was time where the attendees had the opportunity to network with the panelists as well as with each other.

“The event was a success since we anticipated only around 60 attendees but 150 showed, over double of what was expected,” Butta said. “This event really showed the mission and spirit of both our clubs and the spirits of Baruch students and it was great to display the opportunities of our clubs.”