Baruch entrepreneurship center applications open through August

Amanda Salazar, Editor-in-Chief

Baruch College’s Lawrence N. Field Center for Entrepreneurship is accepting applicants for its fall 2022 entrepreneurship ambassadors from April 25 until Aug. 2.

The center aims to give Baruch entrepreneurship students an opportunity to work alongside faculty with experience in the field, develop a deeper understanding of the concepts and get the most out of their entrepreneurship degree.

“First established in 1993 as the Small Business Lab, a decade later, prompted by a significant gift from alumnus Lawrence N. Field (BBA, ’52), and his vision of integrating faculty expertise into the center’s programming, the foundation of the Lawrence N. Field Center for Entrepreneurship modern-day mission to nurture innovation and support entrepreneurship was created,” the website for the Field Center reads in part.

The application is available online. It is open to currently enrolled Baruch undergraduate and graduate students who are matriculated in the entrepreneurship degree major, have at least a 2.7 GPA and are enrolled in a business internship course for the fall 2022 semester — either BUS 3001, BUS 3002, BUS 3003 or MGT 5110.

Students who are selected as ambassadors for the Field Center will be required to work there 15 hours per week and will have to maintain a for-credit internship through one of the classes listed above.

They will also receive a stipend for participation in the program and will be assigned a mentor for the duration of their ambassadorship.

“Undergraduate and graduate entrepreneurship students work alongside Field Center faculty, staff and partners in various initiatives and projects to learn about the ways entrepreneurs are supported,” the application’s introduction reads. “Entrepreneurship Ambassadors receive handson experiences by immersing in an environment which provides a multitude of services for the entrepreneurial community.”

To complete the program, participants are required to write a midway and final summary report that details their experience in the program, in the internship and with their mentor. Each report has to be a minimum of five pages. The mentors will write an assessment of the students’ performance as well.

“Attention Baruch Students,” the Field Center wrote in an April 27 Instagram post about the application. “The Lawrence N. Field Center for Entrepreneurship has launched a new Entrepreneurship Ambassadors Program for students to learn a more in-depth perspective of entrepreneurial activities as well as gain experience in entrepreneurial endeavors.”

The Field Center offers a robust amount of opportunities for students to enhance their business careers, including workshops, business seminars, mentorship programs, business counseling, prototyping service and entrepreneurial immersion and, according to its website.

“Through a variety of forms in business advising, education and outreach, the Lawrence N. Field Center for Entrepreneurship cultivates creativity and delivers practical guidance to students, alumni, and local businesses with an eye toward growth and innovation,” the website reads in part.