What seniors need to know prior to commencement

Edgar Llivisupa, Sports Editor

The Office of Student Life shared information in anticipation of the first in-person graduation ceremony in three years on the official commencement page and in an email sent to graduates.

Students must file an Application for Graduation form with the Office of the Registrar to confirm graduation status. However, completing the form on CUNYfirst serves as a substitute. Correspondence from Student Life does not confirm graduation status.

The Commencement Student Order Form page is live to request four guest tickets and order caps and gowns, which will be shipped to students’ addresses. There are three prices per respective degree level. If a student makes a purchase but cannot attend the ceremony, a refund request can be sent to thegraduateguy@aol.com by May 1.

The last day to order the attire online is April 26 and the website closes the following day. Purchases made after the deadline must be in-person at the Newman Vertical Campus Cafeteria from May 17-18. A $10 lateness fee will be charged.

Four guest tickets are guaranteed only if the form is completed before the deadline. Thereafter, a reduced number of tickets may be allocated. The graduate does not need a ticket to attend the ceremony.

Tickets will be distributed electronically; more information will be available at a later date. There is no reserved seating at the venue. If additional tickets are available, they will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Entries are only available via Baruch College and are not obtainable via Barclays Center.

A separate commencement form is available for faculty and staff with an April 19 deadline.

The yearbook was made available for online order on March 11 and will be distributed on May 17-18 in the Vertical Campus multipurpose room. The first 50 purchaserswill receive a bonus duffel bag.

Commencement for both graduate and undergraduate students take place on May 26 at 9:30 a.m. at the Barclays Center. The ceremony is expected to run 150 minutes.

Doors open at 8 a.m. and attendees will enter through the main entrance. A live stream of the ceremony will be broadcast online.

No food or drinks will be allowed inside the venue.

Graduates interested in inviting overseas guests must fill out and submit the Invitation Letter Formin-person to Student Life. A Certificate of Attendance from the Registrar must accompany the form. Student Life will notify students when the letter is ready for pickup.

Diplomas will not be distributed at the ceremony. Graduates must pick up their diplomas from the Registrar after receiving a notice of graduation.

Prior to entering the arena, a professional photographer will be available to photograph all students. Proofs will be sent by the photo studio a few weeks after the ceremony.