USG Report: Updates for the spring semester

Courtesy of USG

Alison Lee

Welcome back to another exciting semester at Baruch College, and to any of our new students — welcome! I hope most of you were able to take a much-deserved rest period during the winter break.

Our Undergraduate Student Government team worked throughout the holiday season to put together some special events for this upcoming semester, so be on the lookout for more announcements on our Instagram page @usgbaruch. As a reminder, we also post important updates from CUNY and Baruch, so follow us to keep up with what’s happening around campus.

Speaking of important updates, this semester, a majority of our classes will be held in person. Like last semester, in order to come on to campus, you must be fully vaccinated, except those with approved exemptions or exceptions.

As for the COVID-19 booster, you’re able to upload the records to CUNYFirst once you’re eligible — six months after you received the second vaccine. You can also find more COVID-19 resources and guidelines here.

It might have been a while since you’ve been on campus, so be sure to check out our Survival Guide for some more information, including a map of the campus, department contact info, all about club life and so much more.

There are also plenty of places to take your classes, see friends and relax around Baruch, like the bearcat den, the cafeteria, the library and our new student center!

If you’re ever in a pinch, USG will be bringing back the informational tiki booth this semester. So if you need directions, help logging into the Wi-Fi or just advice about Baruch in general, you can find some of our amazing representative senators who volunteer their time to help our community.

We’ll always be located at the 2nd-floor lobby, right outside the Office of Student Life. Don’t worry, if we’re not there, we’ve left an easy cheat sheet with QR code resources that you’re free to take from the Office of Student Life.

I hope you all have an amazing start to the semester. Remember that USG is always here to help, so if you have any questions feel free to direct message us on Instagram. Good luck.