Farewell message: Thankful for my experience at The Ticker

Kyles+Farewell

Courtesy of Kyle McKee

Kyle McKee, Sports Editor

For the past year, I have been The Ticker’s sports editor. However, my experience as an editor is probably more unique than those who came before me.

For the past two semesters, I, along with my colleagues at The Ticker, have done everything completely online. From Zoom editorial meetings to Google spreadsheets, The Ticker has been a fully virtual endeavor during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Being online has been both a positive and a negative. It’s been positive in that it made the transition from a simple writer to a mature editor pretty simple. However, it’s been negative because I, along with others, was robbed of experiencing the benefits of in-person Ticker activities.

With that being said, I am still extremely grateful for the experience I gained as the sports editor for The Ticker.

I will be graduating in January with a major in journalism and a minor in communications. My dream is to one day cover sports for a living. To me, writing and discussing the latest in the world of sports is an incredibly fun career to have.

I hope the experience I gained here at Baruch as the sports editor f will propel me toward greater opportunities down the road.

I am honored to have been part of such an incredible, hard-working group of people that truly care about the wellbeing of Baruch. I wouldn’t be where I am now without the amazing professors and students at Baruch and the support of my family and friends.

To everyone at The Ticker, thank you for allowing me to do what I love. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to grow, not just as a writer, but as a person. I will take the experience I gained from the Ticker into wherever life takes me next.

Thank you, Baruch. I will forever be a proud Bearcat.