USG Report: Allen G. and Mary E. Aaronson Student Center now open

Courtesy of USG

Alison Lee

Congratulations Bearcats for making it this far into the semester and completing midterms. Now it’s time to wrap up with finals and hopefully enjoy a relaxing winter break. It’s the home stretch, so keep on pushing.

I’m excited to say that the new Allen G. and Mary E. Aaronson Student Center is officially open.

All students can book a 90-minute time slot to stay in the center through Navigate. You’ll want to click “Schedule an Appointment” and use the drop-down menu to choose “Student Services.” Scroll down the second drop-down option to find “Student Space Reservation – Student Center.”

There are plenty of times available, so make sure to reserve a space.

The entrance is on East 24th Street between Lexington and Third Avenues, near the Madison Square Post Office.

The space has been renovated and is a perfect atmosphere for studying, working on group projects and taking class. There are a couple of private study rooms off to the side, but the main area is filled with gorgeous new furniture and comfortable seats.

Everywhere you look you’ll see brand new outlets, including USB ports.

The center also has some fantastic long, high-top tables, perfect for maximizing space and keeping the overall modern aesthetic. There are, of course, water filling stations as well as four bathrooms, two of which are gender-neutral.

The Undergraduate Student Government was glad to meet some of you at the soft opening of the student center on Nov. 4, and it was great bringing some of our old traditions back.

We’ve all missed giveaways and watching everyone sportour merchandise.

This year for Homecoming, our lovely Vice President of Campus Affairs Erika Cumbe has planned some amazing events throughout the week, including a talent show and a Bernie showdown between clubs.

She also worked with her team to bring school spirit through more giveaways and merchandise, from duffel bags and crew necks to hand sanitizers and masks.

We’re all so happy to be able to give back. If anyone has any cool ideas, please feel free to let us know what you think @usgbaruch on Instagram.