USG Report: COVID-19 rules and resources at Baruch

USG+report

Courtesy of USG

Alison Lee

As we move further in the semester, COVID-19 rules and statistics continue to  change.

You’ll be able to stay updated on all CUNY COVID-19 test results on the Safety Tracker that CUNY has provided. Baruch is doing a phenomenal job right now in keeping numbers low and vaccination records high.

If you haven’t submitted your vaccine record or a proper exemption yet, I highly encourage that you submit it as soon as you can.

You can find the submission portal on your CUNYFirst account. If you’re still experiencing issues with getting approved, you can email Alise Eramian at alise.eramian@baruch.cuny.edu or Hugo Morales at hugo.morales@baruch.cuny.edu.

Also, feel free to check out @usgbaruch on Instagram for more vaccine verification information and  updates.

As of right now, all students who are attending in-person classes on Baruch’s campus are required to have a proper vaccine verification or a legitimate medical or religious exemption. Looking toward next spring 2022 semester, our campus will be one of the safest spaces in New York.

Our campus still requires a mask mandate, so be sure to keep your masks on when indoors and near others. You can find masks at the front desk as well as hand sanitizing stations throughout Baruch.

We’re all working toward creating the safest and healthiest environment on campus and together we can make this happen.

The water filling stations are also available throughout the school, however, you must have a water bottle of some sort. There is no longer direct contact with the water fountains to uphold safety standards.

In some other good news, the club suites and new student center will be reopening at the beginning of November. Both spaces will be available on Navigate as study rooms, or private spaces to take your classes.

I’m so excited to see our club suites filled again, and while it may not be the same, it’s amazing to see our community come together. USG will also be hosting some popup events at the new student center for the opening week, so stop by and say hi.

The CUNY Board of Trustees is also working toward refunding any student who  from their classes due to their non-compliance with the vaccine mandate. More information will be given as they discuss it further.

Aside from vaccinations, Baruch also offers a multitude of resources for our students.

As New York City is starting the initiative to provide food access to all New Yorkers. We also offer many mental health resources both on and off-campus. You can read up on all the resources and information here.