EZOO returns with new stages and artists collaborations

Electric Zoo | Electric Zoo press kit

Labor Day weekend marks the unofficial end of many summer festivities , but for electronic dance music fans in New York City, it is a sign of the arrival of the popular electronic music festival, Electric Zoo in New York.

In June 2023, EZOO announced its return with the release of its annual lineup.

This year’s lineup includes performances by notable DJ acts including The Chainsmokers, Major Lazer and Marshmello.

In addition to live music and outdoor festivities  for festival goers, EZOO will be unveiling newly constructed stages for certain performances. These new stages will host several musical collaborations across the EZOO landscape.

According to the EZOO press release, the new “immersive MegaMirage” stage by organizers from the Brooklyn Mirage venue located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn,  promises to be a “larger than life experience” for festival goers.

The MegaMirage stage will show a joint set by tech house DJsChris Lake x Fisher and debut their new brand “Under Construction”.

Other MegaMirage performances will include Cloonee, rising star Mau P, Rebūke, Honeyluv, Yolanda Be Cool and Charles Meyer.

For the first time in the festival’s history, EZOO will show an LGBTQ stage called “Dreamland” curated by event producer and one of Out100’s most “influential LGBTQ+ people”, Jake Resnicow.

“The Dreamland stage serves as a beacon of empowerment and representation,” Resnicow said. “By spotlighting LGBTQ artists and artists who are considered allies, we not only showcase their incredible talents but also inspire the next generation of diverse artists and fans. It’s about creating a space where people can express themselves freely, connect authentically, and celebrate the beautiful spectrum of identities within our community.”

Dreamland’s arrival to EZOO is in response to a growing call for inclusivity and representation of the LGBTQ community in the music scene.

Resnicow’s history in the New York nightlife goes beyond EZOO.

The former accountant produced “Planet Pride”, a 12 hour-long festival at the Brooklyn Mirage during Pride Month in 2022.

Artists set to perform on Dreamland will include Eli Escobar, Coco & Breezy, The Blessed Madonna, J. Worra, Carola and a back to back between Spencer Huff and Matt Suave. In addition, Kaskade, who is no stranger to EZOO, is set to have a sunset performance during the festival.

In a press release provided to The Ticker, EZOO’s Chief of Marketing Michael Julian expressed high anticipation at the thought of sharing all that EZOO has to offer to New York City this year.

“I have not witnessed such a thriving and expansive electronic music community in the Big Apple since Electric Zoo’s inception 14 years ago,” Julian said. “We can’t wait to welcome the most vibrant and energetic crowd yet this Labor Day Weekend to party together with the Electric Zoo community, artists, industry players, and festival travelers from around the world, forging an unparalleled celebration in the heart of New York City.”

Past incarnations of the festival have witnessed performances from electronic music heavyweights like Martin Garrix, Diplo, Porter Robinson, Cheat Codes and Zedd.

The 2023 Electric Zoo Music Festival is scheduled to take place on Sept. 1-3 at Randall’s Island Park in New York City.