Farewell Letter: Bonds forged by The Ticker are forever

Ma-Nogoy Faye, Business Manager

As I stepped into the halls of the club suite and The Ticker for the first time, my mind was full of uncertainties.

However, two things were clear: my passion for writing and journalism, as well as my desire to find a community at Baruch College. It was a difficult time, as Baruch and the world were still recovering from the chaos of COVID-19, and I struggled to stay positive.

Despite these challenges, the past three years have been filled with unforgettable memories. I have forged friendships that I know will last a lifetime and created a unique bond with a group of like-minded individuals.

I want to give a shoutout to Suporna, the first person to smile at and engage me in conversation, making me feel truly welcome at The Ticker. I also owe a debt of gratitude to Emanuela, who has been an incredible editor-in-chief, and whose guidance has helped make The Ticker and the media suite an environment that I have always enjoyed being a part of.

I will miss our collective sighs after long meetings and our laughter about the antics at the sports desk. I will miss the late-night music sessions and spontaneous outings with “the fake gang” — you know who you are.

But most of all, I will miss the feeling of belonging that I experienced every Thursday when I returned from my afternoon class, knowing that a group of bright individuals would be hard at work on the paper we all love.

Initially, Baruch was not the home that I had envisioned for myself. It is a commuter school and I didn’t recognize anyone from my high school.

However, the media suite quickly became my safe space — a place where I retreated between classes and felt like part of an unforgettable community.

To The Ticker, to the media suite and to all of you who have made my Baruch story what it is, I am forever grateful. You will always hold a special place in my heart and I will never forget the impact that you have had on my life.